Fwd: <VV> Update

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 14:34:57 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/26/2006 9:47:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.p.harris1 at navy.mil writes:

> I am replacing the heater duck with a rubber piece in lieu of the cloth
> type.

Be sure you use a heat duct material from Lon Wall or Clark's or some other
experienced vendor.  Home dryer duct will not last.  I've stuck with the fabric
material.  Be sure to use the support strap over the left drive shaft to hold
up the ducting as well--the steel wire, if allowed to contact the half shaft
will gradually wear it away because the steel wire in the ducting is harder
that the half shaft.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier