<VV> Choke Change Question

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jun 27 17:41:37 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/27/2006 2:32:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net writes:

A back  up plan might be to use the stock hot air pipe choke that was
on this carb,  so if anyone has plumbed one in on a Corvair engine, that
would be nice to  know. I am not doing the installation, so it needs to be
something a  Corvair mechanic can handle :-).

If it is going onto a normally aspirated Corvair of 1062 or later, run the
tube over to the hole through the head that normally houses the Choke pass
through from the stock underneath coils, and press it in. Then, underneath,
insert another tube and run it along side the exhaust manifold. Attach it to the
manifold with a couple of clamps or stainless wire. It will provide the
perfect  feeder tube to the Choke area on the Rochester and should heat up fast.
Yes, I  know, cavemen, this makes it a virtual 1960 model. -  Seth