<VV> distributor issues...

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 19:14:05 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
I FINALLY got around to checking the voltage and resistance of the coil...
the coil's voltage was in the 10.6 range if I checked it right, and the
resistance was 2.3 ohms... but here's the kicker.. I took the cap off, removed  the
igniter (to check the free movement of the distributor weights) and then I
spun it around to see the numbers... it's a 1110339, which is for a 140/pg...
would it really make a 110 run like crap? Yeah, I know, "Lonzo, what do you
mean  by 'runs like crap?"... it will cruise at HWY speeds just fine, but it
refuses  to idle in gear (it's a PG car)...
Any ideas?
I'll be looking for a 1110319 to stick in there (I KNOW I have some
somewhere...) and this 339 will probably go on eBay...
Thanks for the help guys!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg