<VV> 4-Piston Calipers - Non-Corvair

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Fri Jun 30 11:30:39 EDT 2006

For racing, lots.
A 4 piston caliper is fixed, no sliding mounts. This makes sure everything
stays square and doesn't move in unexpected ways.
The body of a 4 piston caliper is FAR more rigid than the 'C' clamp of a
single piston caliper, giving a FAR more firm pedal, and allowing the use of a
smaller bore M/C for better mechanical advantage.
And pad changes are a total breeze compared to most single piston calipers.
Pull a pair of pins, leaving the caliper in place, pry the pistons back, slip
in  the new pads, stick the pins back in. On my 300ZXTT, a pad change takes 5
minutes per wheel, including jacking the car up and taking the wheel off!
Downside? They cost more. That's about it.

John

In a message dated 6/30/2006 11:19:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,