<VV> 69's a running good! Anyone need a 140/pg distributor?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Jun 30 16:14:23 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the help with the running problem on the 69 Monza... I put
distributor 1110455 in there, with the Igniter II, re-sync'd the carbs, put  a
hose clamp on the pcv hose that goes to the air cleaner crossover  (remember,
it IS a 69, so SOME smogger only parts are still on it), reconnected  the metal
line to the rubber hose on the tranny modulator valve (she certainly  was a
suckin' air!) and I set the timing at 12 degrees BTDC... idles fine now,  and
I'm getting ready to take her on a 100 mile round trip in a little while...
gotta go get my oldest daughter from my mom's place just a bit north of
Shepherdsville... she's been there all week, and she's ready to come home...
Jim Davis made mention of the possibility of me getting detonation  at WOT in
the mid-range @ 2,500 tp 3,00 rpm... yup, I was, which is  why I would baby
it to the 55 mph range... after that she wasn't too  bad...
If anyone out there wants this distributor, #1110339 (it IS the  correct one
for a 140 w/pg, 1965-1967, and I checked the shape of the weights  and they
match the ones in the Tech Guide) I'll let it go for $45, and I'll pay  shipping
in the lower 48... anyone else can pay the extra shipping to their
country... it's just the bare distributor, no points plate, and I want to keep  the 230
vacuum advance, since I know it works... and I need one on my 61 'brier
anyways...
Thanks to everyone who sent me information and ideas, and offers of spare
distributors, too!
Special thanks to Bill Elliot for the coil diagnostic steps that made me
stop worrying about the Igniter, and Jim Davis who had all the timing specs  for
me to get this thing back where it needs to be... on the road!
Thanks again everyone!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg
1969 Monza 110/pg... purring  nicely in idle AND in gear!