<VV> 69's a running good! Anyone need a 140/pg distributor?

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Jun 30 21:37:02 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <LonzoVair at aol.com>

> Jim Davis made mention of the possibility of me getting detonation  at WOT
in
> the mid-range @ 2,500 tp 3,00 rpm... yup, I was, which is  why I would
baby
> it to the 55 mph range...
***********
Try to keep any detonation or pinging to * NONE * if you can ... if you are
close, buy a can of 104 Octane Booster ( that exact brand, some other's
don[t work ) ... try about 1/2 the recommended dose, that usually does it if
pinging is marginal ... after the first useage, it seems to me that it only
takes half that much for following useages .. maybe blows out carbon or
something.

There also is an argument for buying the more expensive high test gasoline
... the added advance you can use MIGHT get enough extra mileage (
especially cross country ) to pay for the difference, and meanwhile you can
pop the throttle more if you need to...... heh, or practice popping the
throttle more, in case you really need to someday ... heh heh ...

Good Luck... ken campbell, iowa vair guy