<VV> Sway Bars & Twitching

wblanning at adelphia.net wblanning at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 2 18:40:46 EST 2006

Also keep in mind that when Corvairs were being built, they came with bias ply tires.  My experiance has been that bias and bias belted tires cause more twitching during lane changes when larger sway bars are used.  This might have played a part in Corvair sway bar size, as well as cost control for bean counter reasons.

Radial tires don't seem to twitch as much.  When I bought my first Corvair in 1975 it had bias ply tires.  It was a handful to drive on certain roads.  I installed radials soon afterwards and it drove like a different car no matter pavement condition.

I also had a Corvair with large IECO sway bars front and rear.  This car had radials and it drove great with no twitching.

Wade

Wade