<VV> "sealed" trunks

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Mar 2 23:30:49 EST 2006

I worked on a '61 coupe that the owner had repaired the rusty floors and
added lower center of gravity weight at the same time. Yes, the concrete
front ploor pans! He just mixed up some concrete mix and poured it in.
Level with the center area where the gearshift is. The problem I was
asked to fix was when putting the 4 speed into reverse, sometimes the
ball and socket at the bottom of the shift lever would pop out and he
had to go under the car to reinstall. So the tunnel pan was left off
also. The problem was he didn't pour enough concrete in,  ;-)   so the
center section had rusted away from the two concrete pads and would
twist with the gearshift lever when going into reverse. I had him remove
the concrete so I could weld metal in.

Frank DuVal