<VV> Wretched Electrical Connector

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Mar 6 18:43:26 EST 2006

Good Lord, John, how often do you take it apart? Once a week?? I don't
mess with it but on rare occasions, and as I stated, have never had
problems like you have. I still say that it's not a deficient design.
Maybe the plastic material could have been more durable, but after
40-odd years I can't complain.

-Mark

I had a 65 fail after it was only 6 years old, and I have seen a 68 fail
when it was only three years old.
I am a firm believer in maintenance, but the horrid plastic thingy
should be a maintenance free item. Certainly when I out a screw and
a nut in its place, I never had any problems with it EVER AGAIN!!
So yes, the horrid plastic thingy is a deficient design. Something like
this should NEVER fail. And certainly never need preventive
maintenance. There are some parts on a car one should never have to fool
with, or at the very least, not after such a short period of
time.

In a message dated 3/6/2006 11:10:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,