<VV> nice day in VA

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Mar 12 18:48:50 EST 2006

Well I replaced my clutch cable this weekend and it only took 2 days.  Nothing went wrong, I just kept getting distracted.  I decided one of the belly pans and the toe cover panel thing had a little too much rust and needed repainting.  The repainting looks horrible, but at least you can't see them.  I just wire brushed and sanded them and I think they needed a beadblast.

The clutch cable went easy and the adjustment was a snap.  I took it for a test drive since it was such a beautiful day (80+ degrees) and I have to admit, I felt no difference.  At least I don't have one of the cable clamp thingys there anymore.  I'm keeping for possible future use.

I also ran some wires for the Corsa dash I'll eventually put in since I had the pans off.  That wasn't as easy as you might think because there's not a lot of room to run the wire up around the cables and heater duct.  They're in though, now I have to get the dash ready!

I also discovered that the gas pedal pivot is busted and isn't even screwed in.  the toe cover panel does a good job of holding it in place and that's what's been doing the job since I got the thing a year ago.  Luckily new ones are available.

All in all a nice weekend.  I got something done on the car that I've been meaning to do for a while, I got too much sun for the first time this year and I got to go on a nice top down drive.  Lot's of people were out and about and I got lots of comments.  One guy even knew it was a Corvair.

mike