<VV> Rewiring

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 13 13:11:52 EST 2006

For the 'I want it Stock OEM Original' guys, the repro harnesses are great!

For folks that think it is now the 21st Century and updated wiring
should match with modern things like CD players, HO Delcotrons, electric
windows, and other such stuff, the kits may be a more desirable  place
to start.

Two different ideas of what a Corvair should be in this century -- two
ways to get there. Everybody should be happy.

But if you are "planning" on adding wiring to the stock repro harness,
maybe the kits would be a better choice. Personally, I try to use a
purchased fuse block, several rolls of wire, some solder, and lots of
shrink tube, as I rarely work on anything that even looks like a stock
application -- Fords with Bow Tie motors in the front and the battery
and fuses in the trunk or some other bizarre place, and Vintage a/c (in
an open car) -- the kits are nearly all made for conventional drivetrain
layouts and conventionally located accessories (although they mostly do
include extra long wires -- which means they are over priced just on
extra wire ... ).

Bill