<VV>BLOWBY DAnger

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 13:20:02 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/13/2006 9:25:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dreamwoodck at yahoo.com writes:

> Just Saturday my grandson and I used the car for banging around town.  When
> the temperature bottomed out and it started to snow, I hit the heat and
> defrosters. We instantly reacted to the oily-gassy-smelly fumes filling the
> interior, and as it was very much worse than anything in my experience with
> Corvairs, I didn't know what to think.
> noticeable blowby and am awaiting time to do a leakdown compression test.

Chuck!!   Most of us do not have "Puff the Magic Dragon" in our engine bays!
 ggggg

1   use heavier oil!   50 wt!!!!

2   Make a catchcan......1 gal. plastic jug   FILL  with  loosely packed
steel wool.....  run the hose to  it!   Drain occasionally!

3   AFTER you fixed everything.....when the weather was warm...did you drive
around with windows DOWN....heat on HI / HOT  ?
      It helps to "clean out  the ducts!"

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!