<VV> BLOWBY DAnger

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 15:16:45 EST 2006

    Hey Matt,

I'm going to pick up on all those suggestions, right after it gets the ATF/MMO treatment to free everything up.  No signs that much is making its way past the valves, so I'm hoping a stuck ring is causing the blowby. The leakdown will tell me what I need to know.
  Since I "110ed" the smog 140, I can use my spare 110 air cleaner setup and use either a 110 draft tube or modify the 140 to point up instead of at 90 degrees. Or, I can modify the smog 140 air cleaner, since that engine will never see a smog system ever again.
  I like the "puff pouch" or "crap catcher," if you will. This way I can see what it is we were breathing.
  I'm just glad we'll live to enjoy it
  Clean out the ducts? Viaduct? Vy not a goose?

  Chuck

  __________-Chuck!! Most of us do not have "Puff the Magic Dragon" in our engine bays!
ggggg

1 use heavier oil! 50 wt!!!!

2 Make a catchcan......1 gal. plastic jug FILL with loosely packed
steel wool..... run the hose to it! Drain occasionally!

3 AFTER you fixed everything.....when the weather was warm...did you drive
around with windows DOWN....heat on HI / HOT ?
It helps to "clean out the ducts!"

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug