<VV> Whatd'yapack

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 22 15:07:08 EST 2006

Hi Bryan,

I don't have doubts about my Vairs, but I DO carry a "travel box" of goodies
on longer trips.  I made a solo trip of about 3,600 miles on one occasion
without incident.

Primarily, the box contains stuff that can be quickly fixed on the road and
the local FLAPS may not have the part or may not be open.  There has been
more than one occasion where my items ended up on another member's car due
to a problem during a club outing.  What do you do?  Strand the guy or fix
his car so the group can stay together?

Some of the items in the box are things that have broken in the past - so
they are just there as an insurance policy.  A couple of things in that
category would be the little 90 degree bend fuel line for the secondaries
and a temp/pres switch - AND, of course, the proper tools to go with.  Along
the tool line would be the "special" fan belt wrench.

Later, JR