<VV> 20 questions (almost) about my new '62 Sedan

Terry Kalp tkalp at cox.net
Wed Mar 22 19:49:05 EST 2006

Spent the day playing with the '62 Corvair 700 sedan I picked up yesterday.
Ended up with more questions than answers.

1) The engine is a 110 RD hooked up to a PG, the PO used the '62 carbs and
road draft tube . . . should this work OK?

2)  It came with Monza full wheel covers, I want to use the stock "dog dish"
style cap.  I had some '60-61 dog dish style caps, but they seemed too small
when I went to snap them are  are the 60-61 different sizes than '62 and
later . . . are the wheels different (other than the bumps on the rim to
retain the trim rings)?

3) Does anyone have a decent set of driver quality  caps for sale?

4)  The speedometer is not very accurate (reads high most of the time) but
the accuracy seems to vary.  It looks like the PO has pried the lip on the
faceplate of the speedo (near the needle) back.  Is this a cable or speedo
head problem?

5)  Has anyone ever made a Tall man seat extender for the bench seat.  I am
rather rotund and would like the seat further back.  Any suggestions
(besides loose weight)

6) Has anyone decoded the accessories for '62  the code is H 1485

That's all for today

Terry Kalp