<VV> Seat Swapping for an Early?

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 16:44:13 EST 2006

Hmm..perhaps there is no easy answer but I'll ask anyway....
    As we get ready for the trek to the CORSA National, a 2000 mile +
trek for us, the question of seats has come up from th' Wife.
    My '64 Monza has the original front seats, and quite beat up at
that. The drivers seat is especially horrible (although I find it very
comfortable). My plan is to have them reupholstered and we have
materials chosen (we're NOT keeping it stock).  But due to time and
cost this may be a while.
    It dawned on me that there should be seats available from a local
auto parts recycler that (hopefully) would bolt right in? Th' Wife
would much prefer seats that recline, even over having the originals
redone. So..my question is..are there seats from some make/model that
would basically be an easy bolt in? Simplicity is the key. If it's a
pain in the butt I probably wouldn't bother but if there's a pretty
simple swap I'd go junkyard hunting. She wants reclining, my main
concern is that the seeat itself not be higher than stock, as I *just*
fit my 6' 2" bod in the car, and it's marginal with a helmet when
autocrossing!

Any ideas?

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===