<VV> Tired

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Mar 25 22:18:55 EST 2006

>  But if you've had success with your 2x4 legs, I'll just try that. Thanks
> for the suggestion!

Have now dismounted/mounted two 215x65x15s and was not hard. Unit did want
to spin bun not tip & standing on the leg helped a lot. Tires were well
lubed which always makes it easier. Did have to find one of my old "tar
arns" to keep the bead from slipping back.

Have changed many tires using a 4,000 lb station wagon and a bumper jack as
a bead breaker and this is much easier.

And now for the real question which I had forgotten about. Back in the day
we had these rubber doughnuts that you put on a tire to seal the back side
so you could inflate it. Do these still exist or does anyone have a
suggestion on how to get a 215 that came off a 6" rim to inflate on an 8"
rim (happen to have more eights than sevens). Will check with FLAPS in
morning but I doubt...

Padgett