<VV> 1966 Corsa Dash

Mel Herwald mherwald at mgwnet.com
Sun Mar 26 17:49:02 EST 2006

Hello all,

I just recently tore down a 1966 Corsa dash and have a few questions that
I'm hoping the group can help me with.

1)The Corsa dash wiring harness attaches to the back of the gauge housings
with 2 little clips that both broke even though

I kept them attached till I could get behind them. I can't find these clips
in the Clarks catalog. Are they available anywhere?

2)What kind of electrical tape is recommended to rewrap the harness with
when I replace the clips? I've heard that the tape wasn't sticky originally.

3)I separated the metal dash from its plastic backing. Can the metal dash be
lightly blasted or should I just use stripper?

4)What wrinkle paint seems to work best? What procedure did you use?

5) How did you mask the dash before it was painted? I've used the flexible
blue masking tape before but maybe there is some other way I haven't

thought of.

6)The instrument lamps call for 1816 bulbs, turn signal & hi-beam call for
1445 and the idiot lights call for 185 bulbs. Are there other

Options worth considering?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I've never done this before and
acknowledge the groups vast knowledge. I'd like to do this right the first
time.

Thank you.

                    Mel Herwald