<VV> Re: Autocrossing

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Mar 26 21:05:19 EST 2006

>  Whether you want to admit it or not; autocrossing ,unfortunately ,has
> become very much dragracing out of slow turns. Shouldn't be, but is.

That's what real race tires do to you. Fortunately on street tires, dirt
tracking can still work. Do agree that you can give up a lot on the
entrance to make a good exit, have always been able to brake faster than
accelerate, but for long slaloms & narrow gates (and we know how to make an
SCCA legal gate seem narrow). it can be an advantage having a tail that wags.

Guess once a squirrel always a squirrel.

Padgett