<VV> Re: Anti Corrosion

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Mar 31 17:00:41 EST 2006

At 08:03 hours 03/30/2006, DTerry8123 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 03/30/2006 2:20:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>tonyu at roava.net writes:
>

> >I had heard somewhere that the factory replacement panels for the  LM
> >windshield lower frame were galvanized.
> >Of course that and  50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.
>

>I've seen several and they  were all just stamped steel with black
>surfacer/sealer on  them.   No galvanizing.
>

>Dan Terry writes:
>
>I have a NOS lower windshield panel that I bought from Clark's three of  four
>years ago.  It appears to be galvanized.

If so, it's a good idea.   That's one part that really needs rust
preventative measures.     I've been through a couple of the Clarks
windshield panels *and* doing a bit of hammer work to "stretch" the
inside curve to make them actually fit the car... neither of the ones
I installed were galvanized.

  By the way, next time I do one of these panels I'll cut it in the
middle instead of trying to stretch the curve.   An hour's worth of
hammer-dolly work to make it fit right and I never did get it to go
on quite as well as the original part.    It would save a lot of time
to cut it, tweak it, and just weld the gap.

tony..