<VV> Speakers, could be for Corvair

Spence Shepard sshepard3 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 31 21:37:56 EST 2006

The business that used to be adjacent to where my shop is located did high-end stereo installations. When they left about a year ago they were going to throw out a lot of things including speakers they had taken out of cars for replacement with more expensive ones. They thought some were worth saving. Being a typical Corvair owner pack rat I volunteered to take some of them in anticipation of using them on a Corvair project. Being not very good at completing projects I have finally realized that I don't need them and  would rather see someone put them to use than me throw them in the trash. Being a typical frugal Corvair owner it hurts me to throw "good" things in the trash.

I have 17 speakers that appear to be in good shape. They are Sony, Pioneer, Bose, Delco, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota and Mitsubishi. Sizes range from 11" round (1 Bose) to smaller rounds, 6X9, 10X3, 6X3 and others. They are available for the price of shipping (the whole lot). I really don't have time to break them up, test them or make multiple shipments. They would probably fit in a box about 3x3x3 and weigh about 30 or 40 pounds.

Maybe they really aren't worth anything and I won't feel so bad about throwing them out. I hope someone out there can tell me.

Spence Shepard
Charlotte, NC