<VV> Mystery Part

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Mon May 1 18:26:31 EDT 2006

Since it is now open season (and since the answer is lurking out there at
the SCG web site):

Assuming Seth is correct, so far as he went,
Ask yourselves these questions:

1) Why would GM make a special Upper Choke rod?
2) Why haven't most of you ever seen one before?
3) Was it used on both sides or just one side?  If one side, which side, and
why?

If you can figure out #3 you will have the answer to the "Mystery"

Hints -
1) It was only used on a small number of 1962-1965 Corvair cars - (never
wagons or FCs)
2) Never used on Turbo cars.

Bill Hubbell

Why would GM make a special