<VV> 63 Spyder Hard Starting when warm

bmooers at farniente.com bmooers at farniente.com
Tue May 2 17:56:51 EDT 2006

My 63 Spyder starts at the 1st turn of the key when cool. After I have
driven it to warm temps it is very hard to start. I have to hold the pedal
to the floor to get it to start. It starts very slowly and then revs up.
I have been advised that the carb is flooding and the float level needs to
be readjusted. I was advised to set the float level at 3/4"

Having not rebuilt a spyder carb before - which was just rebuilt by a
notable rebuilder - less than 200 miles ago - I am wondering if I can
adjust the float level without removing the Carb?

Thanks for any advice.