<VV> Engine removal tip.

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Wed May 3 09:23:47 EDT 2006

I see this come up once in a while, how to make a jack tilt to remove my
drivetrain?. This is how I did my recent R&I of my drivetrain. Don't need an
ATV lift. Only requirement is two jacks. One for engine, and another for the
front of the car.

This is if your car is on a flat surface. Please be safe!!

Place the rear of the car on Jack stands. Place ATV lift under engine/car.
Use floor jack to raise the front and level the car. Lift ATV jack into
place, unbolt drive train. Slowly lower the front of the car back down,
lower the ATV jack. Slide the drive train out.

Install. Roll drivetrain under car, jack up the front of car to level. Raise
drivetrain into place, everything is level, no fighting with anything. Bolt
drive train in.

Piece O cake!!

If this works for you, great!! Do what works for you with no injuries.....

--
Ron Tinkham

66 Corsa Convertable, 140, 4sp.
Maine