<VV> Hard Starting Warm

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed May 3 12:33:29 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Padgett" <pp2 at 6007.us>
Subject: Re: <VV> Hard Starting Warm

> That sure sounds like a choke that is closing too soon or not opening at
> all. Only had a turbo briefly years ago but is same mechanism that AFBs
use.

> The YH choke is a rotary bimetallic spring element behind a bakelite cover
> - you cannot see its position as on a Rochester. > Padgett
>
> ps is page 6M-15 in the 65 FSM, do not have any early manuals but the LM
> illustrations are not very good
*******
The choke mechanism on my 66 turbo has been converted to manual ( pull
cable ) ... the pull handle is mounted on the floor pan just in front of the
rear passenger , driver side.  Just reach back behind the drivers seat and
pull on the choke... as it warms up, push the choke off as needed.

Did I mention I like manual chokes?

Hey, My Farmall has a manual choke,  works for me.

regards, ken campbell, iowa