<VV>Cluchless<No Corvair>

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Wed May 3 15:11:05 EDT 2006

When I had my '70 'Cuda I disconnected the Clutch interlock so I could start it in neutral and avoid wear on the thrust bearing. That was fine until one day I was tinkering under the hood with the ignition on.  A quick bump on the starter, the car fired (in reverse with the steering locked) backed out of the open garage door, across the street and into the neighbors yard, before I could reach in and turn off the ignition . . . lucky thing the driver's window was open.

Terry Kalp