<VV> Highrise air cleaner

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Wed May 3 18:00:51 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/3/2006 1:09:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ricorvair at cox.net writes:

> http://members.aol.com/ultramonzawest/highrise.htm
>
> Just asking.  Why does it matter that the air has to turn 90 degrees,
> doesn't it have to turn it at some point anyway?

John gave a perfect answer.....so to  visualize.....think of pictures of race
cars with "Velocity stacks".....funnels on top of the carbs....even better
performance! But not practical on the street...

This simple modification  on MY  car.....improved fuel mileage by a
consistent 3mpg....as well as allowing the engine to pull  to a higher rpm in 4th..

These are the only 2  "results" I can attest to.....as other modifications
were performed prior to and after this one...

Current configuration  http://members.aol.com/ultramonzawest/highrise-6.jpg

Notice the rotated Air snorkel, also cut to give a 6 sq. in. [ stock is 3"]
opening AND  retain the Venturi effect of the original!

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!