<VV> Norm's Problem With Fuel Starvation

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu May 4 10:20:12 EDT 2006

Norm:  I've learned as much about mother nature in my back yard as I have
Corvair engineering since my first Corvair.  Casts, squirrels, chipmunks,
rabbits, mice, mud daubers and ants.  I agree with the suspect being the fuel lines
in front of the engine.  Do you have a fine brown silt in the carb bronze
filter area?  If so, then you probably have a rusty gas tank.  The fine rust will
plug the bronze filters to the point that the car will only idle.  Plugged fuel
lines, a crimped fuel line where a bodyman bent it to get it out of the way,
plugged fuel pickup strainer (the same rust in my case) and an exhaust gasket
leak on the driver's side just below the fuel line have all been causes of my
fuel delivery problems in the past.  Let us know about your Eureka moment when
you find the culprit.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier