<VV> Re: Ultravan info/opinions/mechanical knowledge needed

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Thu May 4 14:44:45 EDT 2006

I would welcome ANY of the above - asap - since I am now only days away  from
probably purchasing an original Ultravan with a slightly detuned 140.   I am
particularly interested in comments about livability - as well as how they
drive (I have never driven one) and the usefulness of the various systems.
Water systems, heat, kitchen appliances, toilet/shower  and anything  else like
it's ability to climb hills, is it intolerably hot inside, what  is fragile and
what is likely to strand me on the road, etc.

This unit does not yet have roof A/C and a generator but I will  install
those.  I have yet to get underneath any Ultravan.  I  also believe that UV's do
not have a master control panel for tanks and  electrical and likely not any
warning sensors for propane or carbon  monozide.

Please make your response as lengthy as you have time to write and I  am
especially interested in hearing from former owners.

We have previous motorhome experience with a gas 35 footer so we understand
basic operation.

Thanks for your time.

Joe & Mary Dunlap
Central Florida