<VV> Vapor lock/fuel retern line?

4carbcorvair 4carbcorvair at gmail.com
Fri May 5 11:14:27 EDT 2006

Been reading some of the vapor lock thread. I had my 140 Corsa vaporlock on
me yesterday evening. Car had sat 1/2 to 1 hour. Got down the road and it
died. Cranked and cranked. Nothing. Pulled the air cleaner off, sure enough,
no fuel. Waited a bit for things to cool off. Fired  up after a bit of
cranking.

I really don't want to do the electric pump, although I do see some
benifits. For one, probably a bit more simpler than running a return line.

If running a return line, would you tee in at the fuel pump on the 140 or
get an inline filter with a return line on it? Where is a good place for the
filter, before or after the pump? What would be the best way to do this?

Pros and cons of both ways?

And this is with MTBE fuel.

It's only happened once so far.

Thanks.