<VV> Vapor Lock repeated again (redundant)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 7 00:51:52 EDT 2006

Ken,

IMHO, you are way overthinking this essentially non-existent problem.  In
something approaching 100,000 Corvair miles over the past dozen years or
so - on at least 1/2 dozen different vehicles, I've never once encountered
the problem.  One time - on a club outing - one guy had what everyone
thought was vapor lock (well, almost everyone).  I provided him with a fuel
pump and away we all went.

Now, did it cool enough in the interim so that it started.  Probably.  But,
it was not his first instance on that trip and he had no further instances
after the pump was replaced.

PS - you DO realize that Corvairs have vented gas caps, right?

Later, JR