<VV> RE: Running on regular

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun May 7 17:17:02 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven R. Marti" <srmarti at netzero.net>
Subject: <VV> RE: Running on regular

> <snip>
> There was a thread last week about how to make a 110 run on regular.  > I
found the timing at 4 deg BTDC.  When I moved it up to 14 deg the engine
> smoothed out and and sped up.> Steve Marti
*******
sounds about right... on my '66 110 4sp 3.55 streeter I can run Iowa Ethanol
( 89 pump sticker ) with just an occasional ping if I twist my distributor
to 8 degrees no vacuum.
runs smooth, no backfires but is flat on top end (g) , turns about 85 mph
tops on level road, & reads 88 horses on my G-Whiz gadget.
Just some trivia .. ken campbell, iowa guy.