<VV> Running on regular with 140s

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Sun May 7 16:56:42 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Kubin" <dreamwoodck at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Running on regular with 140s

I have made several short but fast
> trips with the engine turning some fairly high revs
> due to the smallish tires. Speeedo says 85 but the
> other traffic and the small tires tell me it is more
> like 80. By sound, I'd say she turns in the
> 4,000-
*********
Take your grandson out on the interstate and hand him a $8 stop watch from
wallyworld; then you drive an indicated 60 mph and have him time you between
mile markers.  the error in seconds will be very close to the percentage
points of error in mph.  If you do a mile in 55 seconds, your speedometer is
5/60 or 12 % slower than your actual speed.  close enuff.  Works backwards
also, if it takes you 65 seconds to cover the mile, you are doing actual 55
mph, same percentage error.

Now take a sliver of silver duck tape and paste it at the corrected speed on
the speedometer face that is important to you ( usually 55 mph, maybe
70... ) ... your membership to the RedGreen club will be in the mail.

You have just done a $200 calibration job on your speedometer .. take your
famly to Red Lobster; also you have taught your grandson to do something in
the real world, might save his butt sometime to realize there are logical
solutions to some problems, you can't always just hit the " reset " button.

regards, ken cambell, deltawerkes