<VV> the vapours

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun May 7 19:58:46 EDT 2006

>While many of you may never have experienced vapor lock, I have on many
>occasions with several Corvairs.

So what is the answer ? When I was a yout, beer cans propping up the hoods
on 'vettes were popular. Think this would be more effective for a LM than
an early since the LM has a solid hood.

Going to the meet yesterday the thermocouples on the plugs were reading
300F (#2) and 280F (#5) after nearly an hour at 3500 rpm & 80F ambient, you
really did not want to touch the dip stick with bare fingers but not a sign
of VL. According to the SAE papers, the temp at the plug is about 100F
lower at the plugs than by the exhaust tubes so a thermister might have
read 380-400F.

Padgett