<VV> Trailering / Tie-down

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 11:11:43 EDT 2006

Here's a question for you "been there - done that" "experts".
     I'm about to take a trip to pick up a new (to me) 'Vair.  What is
the best way to tie-down a late model onto a trailer?  What are the
best places to attach the tie-down straps?  I've not done this before.
The trailer I'll have available to me is a tandem-axle that's long
enough so the rear wheels of the 'Vair should sit about over the rear
trailer axle.  I'm assuming that this should give reasonable weight
distribution without having to load the car backward.  The trip is
about 500 miles each way.
     If you don't want to waste bandwidth on such a "newbie" question,
feel free to respond to me off-list.  Thanks in advance.
     Phil Raker