<VV> Trailering / Tie-down

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Tue May 9 11:58:45 EDT 2006

<snip>Here's a question for you "been there - done that" "experts".
     I'm about to take a trip to pick up a new (to me) 'Vair.  What is
the best way to tie-down a late model onto a trailer?  What are the
best places to attach the tie-down straps?<unsnip>

Four tie downs.
Four axle straps

Loop axle straps through front control arms
Tie to trailer diagonally i.e."X" pattern
Loop axle straps around rear strut rods near differential
Tie to trailer diagonally i.e. "X" pattern
After car is secure, apply parking brake
Leave brake applied until tie downs are removed and someone is sitting in the
car to control rolling.

Craig BTDT Nicol