<VV> Trailering / Tie-down

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue May 9 19:33:15 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/9/2006 9:14:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tampatexan at tampabay.rr.com writes:

I read  somewhere (here on VV?) that BMW sells tiedown fittings that will
fit the  Corvair slots...

Well - I bought plastic pop-in pads for a BMW (not from BMW) and they snap
right into my C6 Corvette. Those pads are what I jack up the car on - indeed
they are the only safe place to jack up the car. I'm pretty sure they would fit
 the front of the late model vair - (actually on the side sub-frames), but
not  the rear because the slots are recessed into that tri-angular area near the
 trailing arm front mount. The tie downs slide up into the slots and turn
sideways to lock, but the pads I am using have snaps at the sides of the slots
to pop straight up into place. It takes a straight edge screwdriver to snap
them  out. - Seth