<VV> ballast

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed May 10 00:28:51 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/9/2006 10:21:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

By  front, do you mean the front of the car (as in crankshaft seal at
flywheel) or front of the engine (crankshaft seal at harmonic  balancer)?

Oooooh... that's one of my biggest pet peeves... the FRONT of the engine is
the part with the bell housing on it... the REAR of the engine is where the HB
 is... and the motor mount, and the oil filter....
I get the same thing from those pesky Saab owners... just because the water
pump is at the firewall it does NOT make that the front of the engine....
I wonder how E.L. Cord handled this, since his cars were front wheel drive,
but the engine was behind the differential...
The same bunch of people almost always like to reverse the sides of  the car,
too... "It's the left rear molding"... "Show me" I'd say.... they  would take
me to the right side of the car and say "See, that one"... "Hey  buddy,
that's the RIGHT SIDE of the car..."... I had one say "Not when I'm  standing in
front of it"..... I had to explain to the guy that even though  I was writing
down something while he stood in front of me I was NOT using my  left hand to
write with... what a maroon!
It's nothing against you, Frank... and you might have done that to make a
point, but PLEASE PEOPLE, the REAR of the engine is what you see when you stand
BEHIND the car/truck/van/station wagon and raise the deck lid... you know,
THE  TRUNK!
:-)
And you DON'T want to get me started on those hillbillies who use the word
IDEAL in place of IDEA...
Later,
Lonzo.... LITERATE HILLBILLY

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg