<VV> Gazz/prices-very little Corvair

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Wed May 10 01:55:47 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Padgett" <pp2 at 6007.us>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Gazz

> At 02:59 PM 5/9/2006, you wrote:
>>     Let's get back to basics.  In my area, Premium  fuel (93-94 RON)
>> costs
>>only 20 cents more than Regular gas (87 RON).
>
> Right there says that something is rong. Traditionally, HiTest  has cost
> 10% more than regular. When it was 40 cents/gal for reg, premium was 44,
> $1.00/$1.10, $2/$2.20. Suddenly there is not so much of a premium for
> premium. What's going on ?
I think this is right, at least around here (Dayton, OH).  Most stations go
up .10/gal for each grade, true when gas was $1.50/gal to now.  39 years
ago, I  worked in a Gulf station and it was 32.9, 34.9 and 36.9.  There are
a couple of stations that only go up a nickel per grade instead of a dime
but none of them are close to my house.  My 64 Monza 110/PG is the only
vehicle that needs premium.
Mike Ioanes