<VV> was ballast --no corvair--talk

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 13:53:16 EDT 2006

The British habit of driving on the right (orientation, not justification) side of the road is patterned after the Lucas ignition system. This explains why they both work, but only for the Brits and no on else can figure it out.

  Chuck Kubin

  "P.H. Raker" <n556p at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I always thought the British terms were "kerb side" and "off side".
Their "kerb side" would be our driver's (their passenger) side, etc.
I much prefer using left & right from the driver's point of view. Less
ambiguity for those who aren't dislexic. I've always wondered.... Did
the British convention come from a dislexic driver?

Remember that when driving in the former British Empire (most of it
other than N. America anyway), left is right and right is wrong. ;-)

Phil Raker