<VV> Selecting an oil

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed May 10 17:48:43 EDT 2006

In reviewing all the different oil ratings and viscosities, such as  SJ/SL/SM
and GF-3/GF-4 and 10W-30 vs. 15W-40, I found it terribly confusing  when
trying to sort-out which might be good for Corvair applications  and which should
be avoided because of lowered levels of the wear-protection  additive, ZDDP.

To help in the selection of which oils to use, I made a fairly simple one
page flowchart that, when followed, will lead you to the best oils to use. Note
the flowchart does not identify brands, only oil ratings.

Anyone wanting a copy of this flowchart in .bmp format drop me an email and
I'll sent it as an attachment.

Regards,
Bob Helt