<VV> threw a belt- what now?

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 10 21:40:28 EDT 2006

Hmmm...
We need more info, as this doesn't make complete sense.

Belts don't generally come off sitting at the light, and it'll idle a long
time before getting hot enough to stall.  I've had mine really hot and it
never stalled.  So, is it possible that it came off earlier and you just
didn't notice it?  Or, is it possible that something else is going on?  Was
there oil everywhere, like the HB had cut the oil filter?

If it's turning over, it may well start in the morning, and then you can try
to assess it.  You could have boiled the carbs dry if it was really hot and
it was a while before you tried to start it.  Confusing.  Maybe the smarter
guys can give you more help.

Roger

PS:  Just because it was smoking doesn't mean it was hot enough to trash
anything.  Don't panic yet.