<VV> stuff at car shows

MarPack57 at aol.com MarPack57 at aol.com
Mon May 15 19:58:19 EDT 2006

This past weekend I attended car shows on both saturday and sunday with my 62
wagon. Boy the stuff you hear and the misconceptions people have about
Corvairs, even seasoned car guys. I've been letting people slip in behind the wheel
as i talk to them. First you get "really you would let me do that" usually
followed by "but everyone has signs saying "do not touch". Once inside the
memories come flooding back. " I learned to drive on a Corvair" "I had one in high
school" etc etc.
  On sunday the local burger car hangout had it's show.This show is usually
99% streetrods but the oddity of a Vair wagon makes it stand out. As luck would
have it I was parked next to a stunning 1961 Pontiac Catalina with a
421/4speed and a 66 Mustang. The guy with the Pontiac could not get over how many
people looked at the lowly Corvair with it's whopping 84HP. And the couple with
the Mustang spent 7+ hours cleaning their car, all to no avail. Seems like they
never stopped.
  Car shows are a great cross section of America.
  Oh and a fellow came up to me and handed me a NOS trailer hitch in the
box!!!
   One or two more shows and it will be to hot here in Fla
   Ed in Fla