<VV> Re: [VV-talk] Moonshine for SUVs!

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue May 16 13:14:44 EDT 2006

At 06:58 hours 05/16/2006, Bill Elliott wrote:

>>There are flocks of people about 30 miles south of my location who
>>would quickly take issue with that statement.   They pay for some
>>pretty serious pickup trucks and real property with profits made
>>from corn alcohol.
>>
>Those folks don't sell it for $1 a gallon though...

This is indeed true.    However, it's also not exactly motor fuel
additive either.  ;)    The demand has managed to spur the price
upwards a tad, which justifies the comment that alcohol distillation
from corn *is* quite profitable, depending...

I *have* heard of the people who have been trying to spur additional
interest in distilling alcohol from grass grain, to be used as a
gasoline additive etc but tend to also wonder if some of those claims
were intended to supplement their farm businesses via convincing the
government to feed them some perks for growing such grain crops which
would in turn be sold to the gubmint at a somewhat increased profit
over coarse-grain crops like corn.

After all... with as much interest in alternate fuels or fuel
additives which would cut crude importation (since those ass-hole
lobby groups insist upon refusing to allow any pumping of the
billions of barrels of recently discovered oil within our *own*
borders) , one would think that any substantial developments in using
crops to make alky for fuel additives would long since have been
thoroughly investigated.

tony..