<VV> moonshine fuel (no vair)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 16 10:29:58 EDT 2006

I did see part of a show last week on fuel - don't know if it was Prime Time
or not.  The TV was on for no real reason, but the story caught my
attention.  They mentioned Brazil and sugar cane as a renewable source for
fuel.  Can sell it for $1.00 per gal.  From corn, it would be $1.25 per gal.
It takes 1 gal of fossil fuel to create 6 (maybe it was 10?) gallons of
sugar cane fuel.  Half the cars in Brazil can run on the alternative fuel
from the sugar cane.  I'm not sure now if it is half the total cars or half
the new cars being sold.  Either way, it is significant.

I may not have this exact, but I think I remember it pretty closely.

Later, JR