<VV> Re: moonshine fuel (no vair)

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue May 16 10:56:20 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/16/2006 10:49:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vairmike at sbcglobal.net writes:

At the  same price, why would anyone NOT buy a flex fuel  vehicle?

Mike,
A few years back when I was working at the Chevy dealership the flex-fuel
cars and trucks were just coming out... (2001-2004).. the price of replacement
fuel components were over ten times the cost of "regular fuel" vehicles... a
favorite example was the fuel filter... about $18 for the gasoline only cars
and  trucks.... Flex-fuel filter was $195.... The prices may have gone down a
bit  since then (I hope), but it was still a shocker for the guy coming in to
do  routine 60K maintenance.
I'm sure the fuel tank is probably a lot more, too, since it cannot be made
of plastic, like regular fueled vehicles...
Just an FYI....
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg