<VV> Any Quite Ride Dealers?

Anil Mittal anil at anil.com
Thu May 18 10:43:51 EDT 2006

Thanks for your reply Chuck. I completely agree with you on the need
to keep the stuff dry. I had put Dynamat on the floor and firewall of
my 66 Cvt about 13 years ago. At some time since then some rust holes
developed in the windsheild and allowed water into the passenger
compartment.

   While I was doing my current work on the car I discovered the
water damage to the floor UNDER the dynamat. The water seeped to the
edged of the mat which caused the floor to rust a bit which caused
the mat to loose it's grip which then let more water in, ete etc. I
just spent the last 3 weeks removing all the mat and seam sealer,
cleaning the floor many times with Marine Clean, treating with Metal
Ready, and Painting with POR-15. Last night I put Tie-Coat over the
POR-15 and I hope tonight to get a top coat on and seam sealer
installed over the weekend.

  With the amount of water that would normally enter our doors I
don't think I would ever apply anything inside them other than a
paint like POR-15.

  I was jazzed about the idea of the Quiet ride kit for the floor and
firewall untill they emailed me and told me it would take 5 weeks to
make. I guess I was hopeful that a dealer would have a kit in stock.

Anil