<VV> Found 2 more--- UPDATE

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu May 18 11:27:25 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
I stopped in yesterday at the shop where the two white 65 Corvairs are... I
ask the guy if they were for sale or just being worked on... he said they were
 for sale... I asked how much... he said "I think he wants $3500"... I said
"Hmmm, that's a bit steep... how much for just one of them?"... he said "The
price was EACH!"... I bid him good luck... They both have bad rust around the
windshield frames, one is a Los Angeles car, Monza, white w/blue  interior,
110/4sp w/ air conditioning & tinted windows all around, but  the a/c is not
all there. Someone has put a 66-67 style condenser on it, but  neglected to
install the fast idle solenoid... it still has the small air  filters on it,
though... it originally had a rear antenna, but a PO covered the  hole and mounted
one up front. Car is white with blue interior... he also said  "I think it's
got a broken ring or something, because it smokes after it's been  driven, but
only for a little while..."... I didn't hear it run.
The other is a Willow run Monza, white w/ black interior, 140/pg... also
lots of bondo, and rust around the window (only the windshield is tinted on this
one)... did not hear it run either.
IMO they're project cars, maybe good drivers if you want to sink just a
little bit of money in them and you have lots of spare engine parts... I think
they're over priced, but maybe I'm a cheapskate.
They are in Leitchfield, KY, right off the Western Ky Parkway, behind the
Captain D's. I don't know the name of the shop, as it just says "body shop" on
the building.
The guys are a bit "out there" and apparently think all their stuff is like
a VISA commercial... PRICELESS.... and since they work on "custom hotrods"
they  think they know the "classic car" & Corvair market. Good luck to anyone who
 tries to deal with them.
I just thought I'd let you guys know what I found.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg