<VV> Re: Tires for Corvair/Classic Car friendly Country

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat May 20 09:26:49 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/20/2006 4:11:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
corvair at corvair.nl writes:

Is there  a country really suited for the classic car  lover?

Yes Guus,
It is called CUBA.
;-)
Cool cars, good cigars, and corrupt politics... just like the good old
days... now we (the US)only have one out of three.
:-(

I replaced the blower motor in the 69 yesterday... I found it had a plastic
fan with 3 hickory nut shells rolling around in it... it was making a lot of
racket, like the metal fans when they get loose from the hub...
Speaking of fan hub repair... I have a way for repairing those... get  a
large deep well socket, big enough that the top part of the hub will match the
diameter of the socket. Turn the fan upside down and take a dull chisel or flat
blade screwdriver and small hammer and tap the outer hub's diameter,
snugging up the hub to the fan... you can even tap it hard enough to put a small
dent in maybe two places and that hub will NEVER come lose again.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg