<VV>Classic Car friendly Country

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat May 20 12:32:54 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/20/2006 9:41:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
airvair at richnet.net writes:

<<You mean we don't have any cool cars? What about Corvairs?  Wouldn't that
make it TWO out of three?>>

Mark,
If we had the number of old cars to new cars ratio that Cuba has, sure...
but that's not so... yes, it is a case of necessity for the Cubans, due to the
rarity of "new" cars, but they are surrounded by old "cool" cars 24/7, so all
their cool cars probably aren't very "cool" to them. Kind of a "catch-22"...
I  used to use the same logic when I was much younger and drank like a fish...
if I  was sober enough to realize I was drunk, I wasn't drunk.... only when I
had  drank enough to think I was sober, THEN I'd stop drinking....
As for not having cool cars here in the US... cool cars per square mile, I
think we're not close to Cuba's numbers... but again, they might not even
realize they HAVE cool cars... since that's all they have... reminds me of some
of the campers at the 2004 convention... many from out west had never seen
lightning bugs (a.k.a. fireflys)... I've always been around them my whole life,
but their amazement with the little critters really touched me... I don't take
 them for granted anymore...
;-)
Oh, and one more thing... CORVAIRS ARE COOL, NO MATTER WHAT!
<VBG>
How's that Mark?
Later,
Lonzo
PS. Thanks for the name dropping in the Communique article.
:-)

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg